The incumbent is responsible for the direct management and handling of all warehousing and distribution functions at The Agency. This includes accountability for inbound and outbound products, as well as adherence to legislative, health and safety and organizational policies and procedures. The Agency Manager will accomplish effective logistical oversight through strong leadership and decision-making skills. The incumbent will review, analyze, assess, and implement strategies and initiatives to ensure full efficiencies in terms of cost, time, and people, to the shipping and sales functions at the Agency. He or she will also have oversight for the security, maintenance, and services of the agency to ensure that they meet the needs of the organization and its employees.
- Manage the reception, handling, distribution, and storage of all products.
- Manage the team at the agency, including training requirements, performance evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Implement and monitor performance metrics for shipping and receiving.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the agency including maintenance of the agencies, Sales Accounting, and the Drivers.
- Manage the routes to maximize usage of delivery trucks and ensure delivery efficiencies.
- Prepare and manage the expense budgets.
- Oversee window sales operations.
- Review daily reports.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements to prevents loss, damage, or spoilage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Manage the reporting, receival and dispatch of fuel.
- Organizing security, maintenance, and general administrative services.
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- Advising on energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
- Any other duties assigned.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in warehousing, logistics, distribution or similar.
- Tertiary level degree from an accredited institution ideally in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Logistics.
- Experience working in a cold storage facility would be an asset.
- Solid project management skills are essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Team leadership and team building skills.